Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Friday has snuck right up on me this week. I don't know where the time went. But that's what I like about FFF. It forces me to pause and look for blessings that might otherwise get right by me. lease join in with us!
1. Open windows letting breezes blow through! All week we've been able to open wide the windows to the wonderful spring breezes. I love the fresh air permeating the house. Last night a thunderstorm rolled by about 10 miles out from the city but the smell of the rain and storm came blowing through and how lovely that smelled.
2. Movie night with friends. Saturday we asked friends over for a movie night but I decided I wanted to throw a little simple dinner in there too. Into the oven for 4 hours went a pulled pork marinated pork shoulder. It was fall apart tender and so easy to pull with a couple of forks. I added spicy pepper bbq sauce with some hot sauce added. Coleslaw, cucumbers with cream cheese, slow cooker ranch mushrooms, and just for my veggie disliking friend: prosciutto wrapped asparagus. He loves bacon so it was a fun tease to get him to eat veggies. And he did. In all fairness, I did know he liked asparagus but it was fun to tease. And to my and his wife's shock he ate several of the cucumbers too! Perfect meal! Then for dessert during the movie it was my hubby's delicious stove top popcorn made two ways: theatre style and my personal favourite, olive oil popcorn. So much deliciousness and fun. And the movie The Walk was good too!
3. First Aid. A couple years ago I had to take a first aid course. I hadn't done one since college and in all honesty I was a bit put out as it was such an exhausting 3 days. But you know when the need arises for that first aid it's nice to fall back on what you learn. And this week I needed it in a big, big way. So thankful I had taken the course.
4. First bike ride of the year. Sunday was such a gorgeous day so right after church before we even had lunch, Hubby and I took off on the bikes for a ride around town on one of our favourite riding circuits. I love bike riding and it was so nice to get to it again. Looking forward to many weekends spent around town and even out and about Alberta riding our bikes.
5. Children's laughter. We've had some really good belly laughs this week, me and the dayhome kids. Some of the things they've said have just cracked me right up and then it gets us all on a roll of laughter that just brightens up the day!
What were your favourite blessings from the week?