Friday, March 03, 2017

Friday's Fave Five #420



Welcome to Friday and another round of being intentional in looking for the good blessings woven into the everyday of our lives.  Some weeks it's super easy to do this and others, well, not so much.  That's where being intentional comes in.  It develops a discipline that looks for good things in spite of hard circumstances, in spite of the ho-hum of the normal everyday.   I'm having one of those tougher weeks.  Busy and not feeling well, it's been a bit tougher to find anything to talk about but I know there are good things and I just need to take note.  Please join us.

1.  Quick, simple recipes that use ingredients on hand.  Not feeling well this week I totally relied on simple recipes and leftovers to get us through the evening meal.   Hubby offered to run for fast food but in the time it would have taken him to run for those I had fajitas made, or soup thrown together or leftovers warmed.  And there is nothing like homemade soup when you don't feel good.  

2.  Hot tea with lots of lemon and a touch of honey.  Funny when the colds hit, my taste for coffee go out the window and I start craving tea.  That huge box of tea my son got me for Christmas has come in very handy this week.

3.  Smooth transition.   The new child started in dayhome on the very day this durn head cold hit full force.  I was dreading the day because sometimes those first days are a tough change for the little ones.  But this little girl, who's 3 1/2, walked right in and fit in as if she'd always been coming here since she was small.  That is no small  gift of mercy I tell ya and one for which I am very thankful as I was fighting for the energy to get through the work days this week. 

4. The purge continues and it hit my shoes next.  Yikes, if you knew me and shoes, you'd know why I put this one off.  But I went through the one by one and got rid of a few, tidied up the rest and the closet looks a whole lot better.  There are a few more that will go but I'm just going to wait on sandal season to get rid of those ones.    It feels so good.   

5. More open playroom.  To make a long story short since my daughter was about 4 or 5 (she's now 27), we've had a Little Tikes playhouse in the playroom downstairs.  This week I just really felt the urge to break it down and see how the dayhome kids get along without it.  While it is a nice thing, it does take up a lot of room and just makes the playroom appear so much smaller.  I loving the openness in that room now.  And in all honesty, none of the kids really complained that it was gone or even said that they missed it in any way.  I'm going to give it one week and then I'll probably put it up for sale.  I would say it might be time.  

What were your favorite blessings from the week?






8 comments:

Paula said...

I'm glad that your new little one adjusted smoothly to your routine. I don't even want to think about purging through my shoes! That is a weak area for me. I hope you get rest this weekend and feel better. ;)

Barbara H. said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! Hope you're better soon. I'm the glad the new little one worked out well, especially coming on a day when you were under the weather.

I've relied on very simple meals this week due to a busy schedule - so nice to have some of those on hand.

My son and d-i-l had one of those play houses in their son's room and eventually put it outside. They do take up quite a lot of room.

Ann said...

That is a great thing that the new little girl fit in so well. Definitely an act of mercy!!

Wendy said...

I hope you're feeling better and are soon fully recovered. Good that your newbie settled easily. Hope you have a restful weekend :)

Faith said...

that is indeed a blessing to have a new daycare child adjustmso well especially sincemyou are fighting a cold. I hopemthis weekend brings good health to you!

yay for purging and re-arranging playrooms!

have a restfuk weekend

Willow said...

Oh, I'm sorry you've been sick, Susanne. I hope you can rest and recover this weekend. That little one's easy transition is truly a gift!
Hurray for you on continuing the declutter journey!

Jerralea said...

I love when a room seems more open! I've been eyeing my home office which seems to be a magnet for things that don't have a place. I need to do some serious purging.

What a blessing the new little girl transitioned so easily! Praying that she continues to fit in and that it feels like home to her.

nikkipolani said...

You've had quite the week for not feeling well. I love it that you found God's gifts of comfort in the tea and easy meals and that little one who folded right in. Congrats on finding space and a bit of peace with your shoe and playroom reorganization. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!